DUI Case Tips
Many lawyers do not consider OWI/DUI cases winnable.
You need a defense lawyer with a proven track record to successfully defend your case.
The attorneys at Mishlove and Stuckert, LLC have fought and won DUI charges in Milwaukee, Oshkosh, West Bend, and Waukesha, WI since 1981.
Mishlove and Stuckert are Your Best DUI Defense Drunk driving convictions are complex. Defending your case involves:
- A deep understanding of how the case impacts your life.
- A thorough understanding and investigation of the facts, including all police reports, audio recordings, video recordings, laboratory records, field sobriety tests, etc.
- A sound understanding of legal and constitutional principles involved in your case.
- The skill, training, experience, and commitment to defend you at the very highest level.
DUI Pre-Trial vs. Trial Winning Strategies Mishlove and Stuckert Can Protect You at Every Step
DUI Pre-Trial Legal Procedures
Whether or not your case goes to trial, court cases can be complex. There are many things that your DUI lawyer needs to do, such as:
- Impeaching the arresting officer’s testimony by detecting inconsistent statements.
- Detecting a failure to administer the roadside tests properly.
- Detecting flaws in the breathalyzer and blood test procedures.
- Emphasizing positive facts that are not in the police report.
- Determining the validity of the officer’s initial reasons for stopping you, his probable cause for making you take preliminary breath tests, and whether law enforcement read you your Miranda rights.
- Determining if a plea bargain is the best resolution for your case when weighed against the possible consequences of a trial and the weight of the state’s case against you.
DUI Trial Legal Procedures
If your case is one where a trial is indicated, your attorney must be skilled and experienced in winning OWI/DUI cases. Winning strategies include:
- If appropriate, filing motions to suppress evidence on constitutional grounds, such as an unlawful stop, unlawful arrest, or failure to give Miranda warnings.
- Challenging the failure of the government to preserve and disclose any favorable evidence.
- Invoking your right to a jury trial (for a second or subsequent offense) or requesting a trial jury (for a first offense).
Most of all, a winning trial lawyer must have the ability to present your side of the story, present you as a human being, and establish a fair and sympathetic relationship with the jury.
How to Choose a Lawyer For Your OWI/DUI Charge
Choosing a DUI lawyer is difficult. No one is happy to pay legal fees and many people struggle to find the money. You should be concerned that your DUI attorney cares about you as a person, cares about your case, is willing to devote the time necessary and has the skill to win. Not only do you deserve a lawyer who makes communication with you a priority, but you need a lawyer who understands that telling your whole story is the key to a successful defense. The attorneys at Mishlove and Stuckert exhibit the following qualities that are essential to a successful defense:
Choose a Lawyer Who Cares About You
Get an attorney who listens and cares about you as a person. How will you know if your lawyer cares? The answer is fairly simple: does the lawyer take the time to ask you about yourself and does the lawyer listen to the answers?
The consequences of a DUI can follow you for years. It not only will affect your right to drive, it will damage your most important possession: your good name. At Mishlove and Stuckert, LLC, we do everything legally possible to protect your career, your family, and your reputation.
Wisconsin drunk driving laws are complex. Many factors need to be present to be charged or found guilty.
The government has the burden to prove that you were operating or driving on a highway in Wisconsin while your alcohol level was over the legal limit. Or your ability to drive was affected by alcohol to the degree that you lacked the steady hand and judgment necessary to operate your vehicle.
That may seem simple, but a lot goes into it. The attorneys at Mishlove and Stuckert, LLC can help you navigate Wisconsin OWI laws.
Choose a Lawyer Who Communicates Well
Good communication between you and your attorney is essential. We want to understand you as a person and how this case will affect your life, family, career, and relationships. We believe those things are the foundation of your defense. It takes time to listen and learn about your life; we are committed to that process.
"I highly recommend Mishlove & Stuckert!" 5-Star Reviews From Wisconsin Clients
I had the unfortunate experience of having to go through my first DUI. After explaining my case to Andrew he came up with a great game plan for my case. He ended up getting my breathalyzer results dropped due to the officers not following proper procedures. It was very impressive how he turned the case around on the prosecutor and won over the judge! This was a huge win for me due to having to drive other peoples cars for a living. I highly recommend Mishlove & Stuckert!View on Google
I had the pleasure of speaking with Sara for guidance and information and out of all consultations, I have to say that hers was not just the most informative one, but also the most honest and detailed one I received. She spoke to me with compassion rather than with judgement and answered and provided me with information to all the questions I had without feeling rushed. I highly recommend her and this firm to be your go-to firm with any case that you may have :)View on Google