Causing an Injury While Intoxicated
An Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) arrest is an exceptionally stressful. Your freedom, driver’s license, and job may be at stake – and that weighs heavily on you as you consider an uncertain future.
It is far worse if someone claims that they were injured.
When an injury claim has been made, the stakes go up dramatically. Increased jail and even prison time can result. Choosing an expert OWI attorney is a critical step toward reducing or dismissing these charges.
- 0.08% Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) or higher is above the legal limit. If you have two prior convictions, or you are on present IID status, your limit would be .02, which can be less than a single drink.
- A person claiming an injury does need to have a cut, a bruise, or something that shows up on an x-ray. Subjective pain may be enough to claim an injury in a Wisconsin OWI case. This ambiguity requires experienced legal representation to protect your rights.
- Even in the case of a minor injury you may be subject to:
- o Fines up to $2,000 plus extensive court costs
- o Up to a year behind bars
- o Revoked driver’s license for up to two years
- o An Ignition Interlock Device (IID) will be installed in your car
- o If you have prior offenses, you may be subject to $10,000 in fines and up to six years in prison.
Complex Claims Require Expert Legal Representation
Attorneys at Mishlove & Stuckert, LLC are experts in forensic science in the courtroom, using complex data analysis to achieve dismissals or reduce your charges. Your case requires an expert who will seamlessly weave blood-alcohol and breath analysis data into the tapestry of your unique story, motivations, and identity. We will work with you to gain a comprehensive understanding of the OWI incident and personalize a defense strategy that is informed by years of experience defending OWI cases with and without injury claims.
The board-certified DUI defense attorneys at Mishlove & Stuckert, LLC are Wisconsin’s foremost experts in OWI defense. Our attorneys will defend your rights tirelessly to ensure that penalties are minimized or dismissed.