Board-Certified OWI Defense Specialist: Andrew Mishlove
If you’re facing the penalties of Wisconsin DUI laws, you need an attorney who offers you the best chance of a positive outcome; Andrew Mishlove offers more than just hope to many. He’s one Wisconsin DUI lawyer who offers real results. In a Wisconsin Law Journal poll, he was rated as the top DUI defense lawyer in WIsconsin.
Andrew Mishlove is known and respected throughout the United States as an expert in Wisconsin OWI cases. AVVO, an independent lawyer rating service, has rated him as the top Wisconsin OWI/DUI defense lawyer and one of the top DUI attorneys in the United States. Together, Attorneys Mishlove and Stuckert are Wisconsin’s only board-certified drunk driving defense specialists.
In July, 2011, Andrew Mishlove was named to a seat on the governing Board of Regents of the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD), the ABA-accredited College that certifies drunk driving defense specialists. He is one of only fourteen Regents in the United States.
Wisconsin DUI lawyer Andrew Mishlove is not only specially trained in the scientific evidence of blood, breath, and urine testing at the National College for DUI Defense, but he has spent years teaching other lawyers this highly complex and specialized field.
Andrew Mishlove is the developer and Course Director for the Serious Science Blood Analysis courses taught at the Shimadzu Laboratory at the University of Texas-Arlington. These are, by far, the nation's most advanced courses in forensic science and trial advocacy.
In 2013, Andrew Mishlove was selected to teach the Basics of Field Sobriety Testing at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Conference in Las Vegas. He’s also teaching Basic OWI Defense at the Wisconsin State Public Defender annual conference, and Breath Testing: The Basics and Beyond at the Annual Drunk Driving Defense Seminar at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. As a faculty member and regent of the NCDD, he lectures and instructs other lawyers on trial advocacy and drunk defense several times a year.
He is a September 2014 graduate of the highly acclaimed Trial Lawyer’s College, in Dubois, Wyoming. The Trial Lawyers College is the most intensive, world-renowned training for lawyers.
In 2014, Andrew Mishlove and James Nesci published the first and only Wisconsin attorney’s manual for OWI defense: Wisconsin OWI Defense, the Law and Practice, Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company, 2014, with a second edition being published in 2020.
More important than his credentials is his track record of fighting and winning the most difficult cases for over 37 years. If you need a lawyer, call the best. Call Andrew or submit an online case evaluation.
Real Accolades Matter When You’re Facing Wisconsin DUI Laws
- Attorney Mishlove has held the highest post relating to criminal law in the State Bar of Wisconsin: the only criminal law organization in Wisconsin that is made up of defense lawyers, prosecutors, law professors, and judges. From 1990-1994 he was its Chairman of the Criminal Law Section.
- He is the former Chairman of the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Criminal Law Section; in charge of training other lawyers how to practice criminal defense and drunk driving defense (1990-1994).
- He is a former Editor of the Wisconsin Criminal Law News, the State Bar of Wisconsin’s criminal law publication (1988-1990).
- He holds the learning honors from his university, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, BA, Cum Laude, 1978.
- He is a member of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer’s College Ranch Club.
- He has been published numerous times in state and national legal publications.
- He is the author of Wisconsin OWI Defense, the Law and Practice, 2014.
- He has a law degree from the University of Wisconsin, Juris Doctor, 1981.
- He has been helping people save their licenses and their freedom since 1981.
- He is admitted to practice before all of the Courts of the State of Wisconsin, and the Federal Courts.
- He is admitted to argue cases before the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
- He has never been disciplined by the State Bar, nor even been the subject of a disciplinary proceeding.
Andrew Mishlove challenges everything in order to create a successful defense when it comes to drunk driving in WI.
For every client, he’s ready to fight by bombarding the District Attorney with extensive pre-trial motions, demonstrative evidence, photographs, witness testimony, videos, defense experts, essential cross-examination of the prosecution’s witnesses, and, of course, your testimony.
Clients who face charges of drunk driving in Wisconsin come from all across Wisconsin and from other states to retain his services. He regularly travels all over Wisconsin to represent clients, from Rhinelander and Green Bay to Racine and Kenosha, Elkhorn, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Fond du Lac, and Oshkosh.
Most importantly, he has a proven track record of fighting and winning against Wisconsin DUI laws since 1981.
As the leading DUI/OWI law firm in Wisconsin, we can make a difference in the outcome of your drunk driving charge.